K9 Potential was founded in 2009, and is a provider of quality dog training to the residents on the north west side of Brisbane, and particularly in the Samford and districts area. As the dog training industry is unregulated it is reassuring to know that Hilary Paull from K9 potential holds
- Diploma in Canine Behaviour Science and Technology (2019)
- Certificate in Dog Training and Behaviour (2010) from the National Dog Trainers Federation (NDTF),
- Fear Free Certificate, to help clients and vet clinics better manage their pets fear, anxiety and stress at the vet clinics
- 30 day Canine Challenge, (SOCS)
- PTSD Service dog tasks
- and attends ongoing education regularly
K9 Potential upholds a high work ethic and the training methods used are in line with the international humane society, and are all force free predominantly using positive reinforcement. Hilary from K9 Potential has a lot of experience dealing with problem dog behaviour so is well placed to help dogs with many and varied issues.
Dog training is not unlike child rearing, we need to guide and shape the behaviour we like. You have probably heard the expression that owners and their pets look alike, well there is some truth in that. We are role models to our dogs, as well as our children. Educating the general pet owner on the importance of being your dog’s life coach and not its commander is a high priority of K9 Potential. The science of dog training has come a long way in the last 20 years.
Giving back to the community
Combining a passion for literacy and dogs, Hilary volunteers some of her time in the role of Story dog Coordinator for the North West of Brisbane, and as such trains and places pet dogs and their owners into schools for a reading program. Hilary is also a dog assessor for Story dogs. If you have a suitable dog and have a few frees hours each week then check out www.storydogs.org.au
Seeing a child’s face light up when they see your dog is so worth the time and effort. Reading to a dog, who is non-judgmental is so empowering for a child.
Hilary of K 9 Potential is a member of the following organizations
- IAABC International association animal behaviour consultants
- Association of Pet Dog trainers (APDT), a serving committee member
- Pet Professional Guild (PPG)
- Behaviour Education Network (BEN USA)
- Fear Free Certified Trainer